Have you ever woken up and just thought about having a pancake? Thats how I felt today.. I love sweet and savoury pancakes.. Reminds me of when I was a little girl and my aunt used to make the best pancakes ever! for my pancakes, I strongly believe in using up any fruit before they go bad. Make do with what you have. Decided on a Peach Pancake with Peach and Orange Syrup…
Even if you don’t have any fruit, a normal pancake with a drizzle of honey and a little lemon juice would be just as good.
What I like about this recipe is that It’s quick and easy..
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk (I used Unsweetened Almond Milk because it’s less fat and high in vitamins and minerals)
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 3 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 peach (peeled and chopped or you can purée it)
- Beat egg with hand whisk until fluffy.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Grease pan and heat.
- Pour about 3 tbsp batter onto hot pan and cook until edges of pancake puff and look dry around edges.
- Flip, and do the same on the opposite side until golden brown
- 2 Peaches (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 orange (juice of the orange and zest for garnish)
- 1/3cup of sugar
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1 Tsp butter
- 1 cup water
- put all ingredients in saucepan at medium heat
- occasionally and reduce until thick and syrupy